Tuesday, January 20, 2015

SHOUT OUT to CAREGIVERS

Lately I have been thinking a lot about caregivers.  Over the winter holiday, I visited my Mom in her small retirement style apartment. I saw her comfy recliner which I set in while I stayed with her during my cancer treatments.


It was HORRIBLY HARD for those around me to watch as I lost weight and got weaker and weaker. I can never truly say THANK YOU enough to everyone who took care of me.


Caregivers for cancer patients have such a difficult road to travel as their loved ones fight.  They face the bills coming in every week.... they ponder how life would be alone, without their spouse/parent/sister/brother/child. It is a REAL concern for those with family members in cancer treatment.

I always felt bad for putting my family through the cancer and hated watching the sadness in their faces.

We have all moved on, and now live as if I will live....as I am ALIVE.  But, it doesn't escape us that a recurrence is a real possibility.

FOR ALL CAREGIVERS, BLESS YOU!!  Thank you for sacrificing so much so we can get through the treatments and remember to take time for you!  Go to lunch, see a movie, and remember to get help to care for us...... it is a hard thing to do alone.

LOVE to the members of Team Stephanie who helped me SURVIVE:  Linda Yates, Kathryn Yates, Amy Yates, Chris Bowen, and my daughter Allison.

It takes  TEAM  to deal with a cancer diagnosis.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph,

    I'm an editor for Health Monitor and I was wondering if I could speak with you for a publication we're producing called Guide to Living With Advanced Melanoma. Please email me at LindsayB@healthmonitor.com if you would be interested!

    ReplyDelete